Republic of Ireland:
There is no application process in the Republic of Ireland. You must however fit the following criteria:
- You must attend a non-fee paying secondary school
- You must be exempt from paying the Leaving Certificate Fee.
Exemption from payment of the Leaving Certificate fee must have been communicated to the State Examinations Commission before the issue of the Leaving Certificate results. The completion of the form for exemption from the Leaving Certificate Fee automatically communicates your eligibility to the Department of Education and Skills via the State Examinations Commission.
- You must be doing the Leaving Certificate for the first time
- You must not be the holder of another scholarship as outlined in further detail on the Department of Education and Skills website
- You must be in receipt of the Education Maintenance Allowance
- You must attend a grant aided post primary school or further education college
- An application must be completed before the deadline
- You must not be the holder of another scholarship Further details are available on the NIDirect website